What is MyTourbook ?
It is free software to visualize and analyze tours which are recorded by a GPS device, bike- or exercise computer and ergometer.
There are many improvements for the tour marker.
- New tour marker properties
- Internet address
- Tour marker editor is restructured.
- Edit new properties.
- Select a marker in the tour chart graphic.
- A moving slider in the tour chart (or selecting a marker) is also moved in an opened 2D/3D map view in the workspace.
This is not the best solution but much better than before. It's a compromise because implementing a map within the marker dialog would be very very time consuming. The 2D/3D maps are tight very closely to the 2D/3D map views.
- Tour chart
- Slideout to set tour marker display options.
- Tooltip for a tour marker and open a url in the browser.
- Doubleclick a tour marker will open the marker dialog.
- Context menu actions for a marker.
- 3D Map
Map is positioned when a tour marker is selected in the tour chart and the track sliders are displayed in the 3D map.
App menu and toolbar is restructured.
Tour Catalog is renamed into Referenz Tours.
Tour marker tab in the tour editor is removed because it was a redundance of the tour marker view.
Removed some actions from the workspace toolbars to streamline the UI, these actions are available in the application menu: Tagged Tour, Tour Analyzer, Tour Segmenter.
The algorithm to compute the elevation gain/loss is replaced with the Douglas Peucker algorithm.
The new algorithm can be fine tuned with the Douglas Peucker tolerance which can be assessed in the tour segmenter.
These parts have been modified to implement the new algorithm.
Why is the old algorithm replaced?
Because the author is now the owner of a .fit device and discovered on the first tour, that the elevation gain with the old algorithm can be significantly wrong, it depends on the terrain.
- Removed TourCategory entity, it have never been used.
- Removed some tour database tables which have never been used.
this is intentionally blank
Previous releases are documented in the history.
License and Liability
You can subscribe to this mailing list and you will receive a message only when a new version is published.
When you have subscribed, you will receive an automated welcome mail which says that you can send messages to this mailing list, this feature is disabled.